I’ve decided I want to start a block of the week/month. I love to crochet and I could always use more blankets. So I’m going to start crocheting a block I’ve found on the internet every week or every month depending on what I can get done. So here goes.
Block #1 with chart.
This is the first block that I will be completing. I hope you will join with my as I start this adventure of croching blocks to eventually have a crocheted mixed block blanket or multiple blankets. If you can follow along with the chart or I will try to decifer it and write out a pattern based on what I can see. Let’s get started.
This is the finished look for my garage door spider web. Scroll down to see how I put it together.
Started laying out the streamers for the main branches of the spider web.
I used Black streamers to make ths spider web. They are about a buck at the dollar store for 2 rolls.
Here is most of the branches put up.
I taped the steamers to the door with just ordinary packing tape.
Here, the web is done. Now to put the spider up.
I had made a spider body out of a black trash bag and was trying to figure out how to hang it up but ultimately it didn’t work no matter what I tried. So I went to plan B.
Sketched spider, started to paint then realized I wouldn’t be able to see the lines so I started cutting it out.
I was glad I had only painted a little when I realized I wouldn’t see the lines. If I had gotten much further I would have had to redraw the lines on the back of the poster board.
Fully cut out spider, now to finish painting it black.
Finished painting the spider, now to hang it up.
I added tape to the head and body in mulitple spots and then taped the back legs on each side down because they wanted to fall away from the spider and you would not have seen them.
Spider up on the garage web, but my husband thought it needed another main branch up with the cross branches. So that’s what we did.
Hope you like what I did. If you have any suggestions, I like to hear from you.
Here is my finish look at my spider web for the garage door. My original spider body I had made didn’t look very good so I made one from a poster board and I think it actually looks much better so this is what we have. I Like it. I may have to retape some of the streemers to the door but that shouldn’t too much more trouble.
So In the time I posted last night on FB that I now blog, and just a few minutes ago, I had the wrong link up for the name of the blog. I was under the impression I HAD picked the name of the blog and that would also be the name of the link too. Apparently not. It was my email address website with the name of the blog when you got there. Sheesh! that took a while to figure out. I have to go back and see if that’s what the introduction says, otherwise I may need to make a comment for the whole site. That was annoying to figure out. I didn’t know what to type into the help bar.
I figured I’d start up a blog because I find a bunch of things I have done or figure out how to do and I wanted to record what I’ve done.